Sunday, June 22, 2008

I am not dead!

Wow, it has seriously been a long time since I posted! I almost forgot how to do it, ok maybe not quite that bad. I have been wanting to get on and at least post giving reason to my complete drop off the blogging world but for some reason it has been hard to find time to check emails, much less blogging. I might get on for 5 minutes one day and then go 3 days without even getting a chance to check emails. Since I missed a rather important email last Friday this past week I have been trying to at least get on and check emails but any other activity on the computer has been slim to none.

You might think, what on earth have you been doing that is taking so much of your time? And the answer to that is rather long and tedious and involved quite a lot of sunscreen but I will try to keep it brief.

Nobody probably remembers this, but back in February, there was a prayer request post involving my grandmother who had hit her head. For some time my grandparents had been trying to figure out what they should do in terms of a housing situation since they were both getting on in years and their current house was just too much work for the two of them. After my grandmother fell, my family decided we should have my grandparents move in with us so plans were set in motion that would make that possible.

The first matter of business was where were they going to sleep, this was remedied by changing the girl's bedroom situation so my grandparents could have a room on the first floor. Their new room was still pretty small though, so we decided I would just add on another room to our house. My complete abandonment of the internet and blogs was set in motion by the start of said addition. It has mainly just been me alone doing the designing and building, so construction has not exactly been flying along but Lord willing this time next month my grandparents should be moving in.

So my daylight hours have pretty much been taken up with constructing the addition as well as another house I am building for class. But wait, you might think what about blogging at night? Well that too has been rather tied up mostly by a large stack of books I feel I should be reading and also the fact that I and the rest of the "Manly Men Know How to Dance...And Do" group have gone on a bit of a dancing late into the night binge, it being summer and all....

As much as I like blogging my priorities just have been elsewhere and sadly at least for a month or so more I won't be posting regularly. I actually had some free time this afternoon and I just felt I should at least post an explanation why I had pretty much vanished. :p I am not dead, just really really busy. :)

6 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I was wondering what happened to you! I haven't been blogging a lot recently either, and feel sort of bad about it, but summer is totally busy and blogging isn't too high on my list of priorities...

  2. N said...

    Yeah, we were kind of wondering what had happened to you! Since you did rather vanish.

    Summer is awfully busy! It's supposed to be so relaxing, but you've got more time, so you end up doing things that you didn't have time for during the rest of the year!

    Speaking of which...I have things I should be doing...

  3. blackhawk said...

    tell mattew happy birthday :)

  4. blackhawk said...

    oooooo ya and happpy birhtday sera

  5. Anonymous said...

    WOW! Building houses, huh? I probably missed the blog, but are you in college? What are you taking to require you to build a house?

  6. Will said...

    Yes I am in college, I wanted to get my contractors license, but there were somethings, especially building code-wise I wanted to learn so I headed back to school to learn....Somehow wanting to learn building code has spiraled into three separate carpentry class, design and blueprint, oh and masonry! As a part of some of those classes you build a couple houses from the ground up.