Monday, November 19, 2007

Life from the Toaster

Many people have asked us why on earth the blog is called "Life from the Toaster" They want to know if there is some special or hidden meaning that is derived from the title. So in answer to anyone who has asked or wondered about the title, here is the honest reason. Sarah could not think of a name and I wanted something that involved life and also sounded rather cool. Thinking along those lines the first thought in my head was life from the toaster. In Isaiah it says we are the clay and God is the potter. Our title is a bit of a humorous parody of that, we are the bread and God is the toaster. He is going to "toast" us much like a potter would put his pottery in a kiln. It may get hot sometimes but if we trust him we are going to end up as wonderful pieces of toast. :) Yes I know that sounds a tad weird, but next time you are going through a hard time just think of it as another experience in the "toaster of life"

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    That is funny :O)
    I love the analogy of the verse...

    I still like mine better.....
    You got home from our house and you had such a terrible burn that it felt like you were living in a toaster :)

  2. Will said...

    Well maybe the fact that I was about as red as a tomato had some influence over my thoughts :p