Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sermon Jams

Sorry the blog has once again been slightly dead, I have wanted to post the following post for the past couple of days but my computer has been off line since Saturday. In our house I have a wireless network set up so you can view the shared files and access the internet anywhere in the house. Unfortunately my section of the network was down since one of the routers died so today was the first day since Saturday that I finally was able to patch myself back in.

I have mentioned this before but I am always on the lookout for new music, recently as I was wondering around online I came across this site called 10:31 Sermon Jams. The music on the site is composed of little mini clips from Christian leaders (mainly John Piper and Joshua Harris) that has been set to a beat. All the mixes are very well done but I think volume 4 is the best. You can check them out at their site here and you can actually listen to and download all their songs for free from their site. Just a warning the music the sermons are set to is mainly hip hop type beats so if you are not into that you may not find them as interesting to listen to as I did. Though I still encourage you to check them out.

Speaking of John Piper and Joshua Harris (well, in a round about way) Sarah and I are going to the New Attitude 2008 conference that is in May. Both John Piper and Joshua Harris are going to be there as well as Al Mohler, Mark Dever, Eric Simmons and C.J. Mahaney. All these men are great teachers and I am looking forward to it. If you are reading this and have no idea who any of these guys are, I would strongly urge you to get on google and check them out, especially Piper and Harris. If you want to read more about the conference you can go here. BTW if anyone reading this is already planning on going and you live around us, leave a comment or let me know personally, maybe we could work out a carpool situation to save everyone some gas. :)

1 comments :

  1. N said...

    Hmm...when you said "hip-hop type beats" I thought of rap, and I was thinking "They did WHAT to these guys' sermons!?" :D

    Then I listened to a few, and realized it was more like background music. Like in some sort of scientific program on PBS...