Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Top Song the Year I was born was Livin' On a Prayer by Bon Jovi

Wow! Bon Jovi has been performing a long time!

Last week I actually had a good reason for not posting. I was sick. I managed to get the bug that Anna and Matthew had a couple of weeks ago. This bug has a pretty long incubation period. I took to my bed on Wednesday night and no one saw me again until yesterday morning.
Just kidding! I did hear that the house was a bit quieter when I was sick. My fever was gone by Saturday morning, but I still stayed home from orchestra. Goodbye perfect attendance record! I hate being sick. I don't like feeling bad but on top of that I get lonely. By Friday, I was making frequent trips to the kitchen to get my temperature checked just so I could see people. My fever spiking Friday night put an end to that.... my family just doesn't want to get near people with 102 fevers. I don't understand it....

I was able to watch a few movies I had been wanting to see, including Nicholas Nickleby. I didn't remember it being so depressing. All of Dicken's books have a certain amount of sad and depressing topics in them but in Nicholas Nickleby all the sadness seemed to pile up. I did have a pretty high fever when I watched it. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I also read The Five Red Herrings By Dorothy Sayers. I was disappointed with it. It seemed too long, like she could have wrapped it up much quicker. Instead it felt like the characters went around and around the same stuff over and over again. There was also some swearing, which surprised me. The author was supposed to be a noted Christian scholar.

The best (only) thing about being sick last week was that the NCAA Basketball tournament started on Thursday. (I agree with William..... the play-in game doesn't count) I was able to watch the Duke game that night and a few more highlights. Friday, my mom left William in charge of the little boys and took the girls shopping. That meant I could lay on the couch in the den and watch as much basketball as I wanted. Yay! I have never been able to do that. If I had not been sick, I would have been teaching Friday afternoon and I would have missed all the games. I also canceled my Saturday lessons.....that was fun. I got to watch more basketball on Saturday and Sunday. In fact, I watched so much of the NCAA tournament over the weekend, that Monday afternoon I was feeling deprived. I really missed it. :(

It was weird to miss Easter Sunday. I was better but my ear was still clogged and Matthew's nose was still running so I stayed home with him. That was the worse thing about this whole virus. My head was soooo clogged. I could not hear out of my ear for three days! It was horrible!!!
I am pretty much 100 percent. I just have to stay away from dairy for a few weeks, so my ears don't get clogged again.
I also went to the family thing yesterday. I didn't have to drive, I read on the way up there and then coming home I went to sleep. It was the weather........kinda raining and just ugh.

Today's weather was beautiful! I am really excited that spring is here. I think I am going to go have a cup of tea before I go to bed.

Good Night!

~*~Sarah~*~


5 comments :

  1. Will said...

    Whoaaaa We're half way there, Whoaaaa Livin' on a prayer! Take my hand we'll...whoops sorry got carried away there

  2. N said...

    "Union's been on strike, he's down on his luck, it's tough...so tough..."
    Aahhh...thank you Sarah!!! :p

    I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is awful, but at least you had something to watch. Watching TV is about the only thing that you ever feel up to doing when you're sick! The worst part is when you've slept as much as you possibly could, and you have all this time to be doing stuff, but you don't feel like moving. :(

    I remember thinking "The Five Red Herrings" was overly-confusing and took too long, and then didn't make much sense at the end either. And isn't that the one with a bunch of Scottish/Irish dialect that's really hard to understand? :D My favorite mystery by Dorothy Sayers is "Murder Must Advertise"...have you read that one?

  3. Anonymous said...

    Haha, I don't think a diary will clog your head Sarah dear... :D It is wonderful that you are feeling better! I can't wait to see you Sunday, I've been missing our deep conversations ;)

  4. Sarah said...

    Abigail ,
    I just look at that word and realized that it was spelled wrong. He he :)
    It was late when I was typing that. I know that it says I posted at 9:45. It was really about 11:30. I have greatly missed our deep conversations too! :)

    Natalie,
    Yes, every body has some sort of
    Scottish or Irish accent. Very confusing when you are sick. I haven't read Murder Must Advertise. I'll have to check it out from the library.

  5. Anonymous said...

    I've read Murder Must Advertise...it's very good!

    And now that song is stuck in my head...