Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight savings yet again steals my sleep

People who know me may or may not have heard me give my little rant on springing forward or falling back with our clocks. I will save everyone's ears from hearing the whole thing but the point of it is, DST has really no purpose and should be done away with. The popular reasoning for it lately has been to save on energy but a recent study done by a professor of environmental economics at U.C. Santa Barbara has said it might actually cost us more when we reset our clocks... Sorry it is just one of those things that make me tick. :p

It is also slightly irritating because since we had concerts until late last night and also had some friends spend the night we did not get to bed exactly early if you know what I mean. :D That extra hour comes in handy....Nevertheless, I fought off Sleepy Rufus in time to get ready and arrive on time at church where we sang a song that I love, "There Is A Higher Throne"

There is a higher throne
Than all this world has known
Where faithful ones from every tongue
Will one day come
Before the Son we'll stand
Made faultless through the Lamb
Believing hearts find promised grace
Salvation comes

Hear heaven's voices sing
Their thunderous anthem rings
Through emerald courts and sapphire skies
Their praises rise
All glory, wisdom, power
Strength, thanks and honor are
To God our King who reigns on high
Forevermore

And there we'll find our home
Our life before the throne
We'll honour Him in perfect song
Where we belong
He'll wipe each tear-stained eye
As thirst and hunger die
The Lamb becomes our Shepherd King
We'll reign with him.

Hear heaven's voices sing
Their thunderous anthem rings
Through emerald courts and sapphire skies
Their praises rise
All glory, wisdom, power
Strength, thanks and honor are
To God our King who reigns on high
For evermore

The song is based on Revelation 7 and standing there singing made me think of Revelation, which is split into two parts, earthly scenes and heavenly scenes. There is somewhat of a debate on the earthly scenes and how they are going to happen, if they have already happened...etc which when you think about it is slightly silly. Yes the earthly scenes are worth reading and studying but they are not really important in comparison to the heavenly scenes of the exalted Christ on the throne! The throne, where all worship, all adoration, all praise goes in honor of The King.

If you have read the blog you probably know music is something I really enjoy. Those who know me personally know I play around on the piano and the guitar, neither of which sounds too hot and as for singing, an American Idol I am not. But you don't need to be a concert master or Pavarotti to worship God, no matter our talents, we are all made to praise The King and bring honor to the Lord. Isn't that wonderful? Even though my gift of worship is small, He finds it acceptable. Ah, it is hard for me to put words to my emotions and I know this blog post can never adequately convey my feelings on the subject. I will just say, for me, it is a feeling unlike any other worshiping our Creator. I hope everyone has a good week. Anna wants me to get a video up of her part in one of the concerts last night so be on a lookout for it sometime this week.

5 comments :

  1. Jessica said...

    I love that song too! It's originally sung by The Gettys, a young Irish couple who I fell in love with when they came to Colonial Baptist in the summer. I bought their CD, and I was just messing around on the piano the other day playing all their songs (I am not an exceptionally talented pianist either, it was just for fun). They are coming to Colonial again on August 17th!

  2. Will said...

    Hey that is pretty cool, did they charge for tickets? August is a bit far out but we might be up for catching them when they come.

  3. Anonymous said...

    Yes , singing unto the Lord is great even if the worship leader sounds like he is yelling out the song and his family is laughing at him.

  4. Will said...

    Well it does say in Psalms to shout to the Lord, I don't think there is anything wrong with taking that literally... :p

  5. Anonymous said...

    Last time it was free, and I believe they took up a love offering, plus they had CDs for sale.