Friday, March 21, 2008

Want a CD?

Even though we get around 60 visitors a day to the blog I have noticed there usually are only a few people who comment. So either visitors don't have anything to add or they just like to lurk. I don't really care if people comment or not, I am still somewhat surprised we get even 60 visitors a day! I think I know maybe 10 or 15 people personally who visit the blog and the rest..... I have no idea who you are. :p I was thinking about comments and magic cookie points and then the thought occurred to me there is a bit of a gender slant going on for comments. Except for occasional comments by Jeremy, Enil, my cousins and some guy named Uncle Jim, all the comments seem to come from people of the female gender.

I have no idea why that is, maybe my blogging does not appeal to male readership, which would be strange as I am myself a guy. Maybe guys just don't comment on blogs often unless they really have something to say, that whole "woman use twice as many words as men" idea. Anyway, I have to think that out of 60 people a day more than 3 or 4 of you are guys. So in order to find out, I am going to give away a cd.

For every guy that comments I will stick your name in a hat and next week I will pick someone to get a cd of their choice. So if you are a guy reading this, comment! If only one guy comments then hey, you have a 1:1 chance of getting a CD! :D If no guys comment.... I guess everyone who reads the blog is a female. :p Oh and the honor system is being used here people, if you don't have a blogger account and comment I have no way of knowing if you are a real guy or a female pretending. If you are reading this Sarah G. this means no comments from "Joe" ;)

18 comments :

  1. Jeremy said...

    So what's the cd. I won't know whether I want to comment or not without knowing what the reward is.

  2. Will said...

    You can pick whatever cd you want... With the exception of expensive cds like Queen: The Crown Jewels collection etc... :p

  3. Benjamin Knutson said...

    Im in

  4. Anonymous said...

    I'll comment on your blog from time to time.

  5. Jeremy said...

    Ok. I guess I'll comment.

    Jeremy

  6. Jeremy said...

    Nice Blog.

  7. Anonymous said...

    I'd comment more often if I had an exciting nom de plume...

  8. Anonymous said...

    I should do a post on why girls like to read humor blogs, because I've noticed the same thing on my site.

    BTW, this is a comment. I am a sporadic reader and, to this point, a lurker. There, it's out. I'm not terribly sorry, but if it'll make you feel better I'll apologize. No? I didn't think so...ha!

  9. Anonymous said...

    i am in

  10. blackhawk said...

    sorry im in

  11. Trina said...

    I'm feeling discriminated against. What's up with a gender-specific give aways!? EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN!!!!

    I am totally kidding, Will. this is a riot. I can't believe you got so many guys to comment on this post. I think you are right - guys just don't comment as often.

    Hey, I think you're right about "Women use twice as many words as men" thing, too - look how many words are in my post compared to the guys!!!! :) (more exclamation points and emoticons, too. It's definitely a girl thing!0 :)

  12. Anonymous said...

    Go Mountaineers! Yes!

  13. Will said...

    Oh that is just low Uncle Jim!

  14. Anonymous said...

    Sorry, Will, but someone had to say it... :)

    I have no issues with the Tar Heels putting some serious hurt on the boys from Arkiesaw, and back in the day, the enthusiasm of Jimmie V running the sidelines at State was always cool.

    Duke... well, most of those who have shared in the Coach K Kool-Aid have this sense of entitlement that just isn't earned, in my opinion. The referees clearly agreed with the entitlement aspect, as Henderson was rewarded with a foul call every time he bothered to touch the ball and head for the paint. He's not *that* good of an actor either... ;)

    As an aside, is it ever possible to have the guys running the clock removed from the arena and replaced with randomly-selected cheerleaders? Most folks couldn't repeatedly make those same clock errors if they were trying to. :)

  15. FCN said...

    Nice. I came here from FCN and have now subscribed.

  16. Tim said...

    Yeah, most guys won't comment unless they have something worthwhile to say. Not to suggest that the girls don't say something worthwhile - I haven't read any of your comments.

    But a CD is worthwhile, so I'm in.

  17. Will said...

    Uncle Jim, while I do cheer for Duke in basketball, I am not one of those Kool-Aid drinking crazies. Duke does get a lot of calls in their favor but so do most of the bigger schools. Duke lost because they have no significant inside game and could not hit a three to save their life.

    To all the guys who have commented, thanks, the contest is open until Wednesday afternoon when I will draw a name ;)

  18. Anonymous said...

    Comment from FCN!