Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A random post on a song I have had stuck in my head

Any readers ever heard of Barry Louis Polisar or listened to his music? He has a definite folkish indie type style that usually has a simple repetitive melody pared with some just killer cheesy lyrics. ("I Need You Like a Donut Needs a Hole" :D it makes me smile just typing it out) Anyway in the absence of something more worthy to blog on, he has a song called All I Want is You" that has been making the rounds in my brain for several weeks. The way the simple acoustic rhythm just flows along is very catchy. Plus the lyrics make me laugh every time I hear them, and they just get better as the song moves along. :p

If I was a flower growing wild and free
All I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee.
And if I was a tree growing tall and green
All I'd want is you to shade me and be my leaves

chorus:
All I want is you, will you be my bride
Take me by the hand and stand by my side
All I want is you, will you stay with me?
Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea.

If you were a river in the mountains tall,
The rumble of your water would be my call.
If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, let the cold winds blow

chorus

If you were a wink, I'd be a nod
If you were a seed, well I'd be a pod.
If you were the floor, I'd wanna be the rug
And if you were a kiss, I know I'd be a hug

chorus

If you were the wood, I'd be the fire.
If you were the love, I'd be the desire.
If you were a castle, I'd be your moat,
And if you were an ocean, I'd learn to float.

chorus

If this post were an animal it would be a frog
hopping along through my blog
If this post were a season it would be the spring
a cool simple breeze merrily billowing

Yeah I will admit it I am a sucker for cheesy lyrics :p

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    ROFL! This is going to be my new favorite song if I can find a recording and learn the tune :D

  2. N said...

    lol! Pretty cheesy, but it's a cute song too. The music's pretty cool (I looked it up). Yeah, cheesy, but not too bad! :)

  3. Anonymous said...

    wow...thats about the stupidest song i've heard in a while...that last line really killed it too...i wonder if he really wrote that one? ;D....but woa, what is this? A male comment on a blog? GASP AND ALO!!!...but i guess i really don't count since i'm a blogger...(sorry too long)

  4. Ana said...

    I don't think I've ever heard of him, but cheesy is totally great! I have some songs that are cheesy that are my favorite.