Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bananas

I rather like bananas, besides tasting good in things like smoothies they also are a good source of potassium. It has come to my attention however that since 1999 banana purchasers in over 30 states have been unfairly treated and have been the victims of a conspiracy to raise, and maintain banana prices at artificially high levels!!!!! This is a serious crime! Chiquita. Del Monte, and Dole, the banana importers for the United States have betrayed the trust of their banana customers by violating anti-trust and consumer-protection laws in their evil scheme to fix our banana prices!

Since our family has probably purchased hundreds of dollars worth of banana since 1999, when I first heard about this class action I was pretty happy since I figured we would get something, maybe free bananas for a year! :D But no, that is not what the courts ruled. Rather Chiquita. Del Monte, and Dole, have to provide America's Second Harvest (A national foodbank) vegetables and packaged foods with a retail value of $2,500,000.... I personally feel they are getting off a bit easy, but that is because I would have loved free bananas for a year. :p

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Soooo would you say that bananas or carrots are better? (I still haven't gotten over that :)

  2. Will said...

    It is close, though I would have to say carrots. They make better juice....