Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Belts with no purpose?

Always one to speak my mind when it comes to fashions, (Because I know so much about it :p) I realized I have not tackled anything on this subject in a while, and in the absence of anything else to post on...I have decided to give my thoughts on belts. :p Not just any type of belt, rather the current women's trend you could say, of wide belts that cut their upper torso in half and have no function to speak of. Much like my post on Pointy high heel shoes this subject came into my head after I had an encounter with a lady wearing something along the lines of this:

Yeah I know that is a bad picture, I just grabbed the first one I saw online...It took me a few minutes to actually find a picture similar to what the lady was wearing. Back to the subject on hand, or on stomach...Why oh why do people where belts that high up? There is no purpose, except maybe to keep your shirt from just flying off which would probably only happen if you jumped out of an airplane! I just don't understand it! I seriously wanted to take a picture of this woman just so I could laugh at it.

Ok I don't want to rile any readers up, so as clarification, while I don't particularly like it, I know the empire waist style is slightly similar to this current trend in looks. I am not saying I think high waisted dresses or shirts are a crazy idea, rather the idea that a ridiculously wide belt, in the middle of your body, looks good. I do not know where this fashion trend came from but I think it needs to go back ASAP....

11 comments :

  1. Jeremy said...

    Maybe it's a take off of the boxing champ stile belts.

  2. Jeremy said...

    ...'style'

  3. Anonymous said...

    You didn't know?? Anja and I started that trend :)

    I agreed with you on high heeled shoes.....but actually now that people have made me extremely aware of my shortness, I have resorted to heels....to make myself feel good....or something like that :)

    Anja and I wear belts like this.....all the time!!!

  4. Trina said...

    Oh, it looks so uncomfortable!! I only wear belts when it's absolutely necessary to keep my pants up. I can't imagine wearing one cinched around the lower part of my rib cage simply for fashion!

  5. Will said...

    Wait Liv, you and Anja wear belts like this all the time? SO what exactly is the purpose? :P

  6. Anonymous said...

    Okay, not ALL the time :)
    But the purpose is....it looks groovy and no one around here wears them like that....so it makes it unique :)

    Always remember...fashion is everything!!!!!!!!

  7. Anonymous said...

    :sighs deeply: The things that guys don't know! These are feminine ammo belts; ammo is inconspicuously tucked between body and belt. The size of these belts also provides adequate space for numerous secret weapons and/or Black Book.

  8. Anonymous said...

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh Abigail!!!! You just gave away our best kept secret!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Now what are we going to do?????

  9. Anonymous said...

    Don't sweat, I didn't tell them why we wear jewelry.

  10. Jeremy said...

    I thought that it was how you kept the male population from gaining an excess of wealth.

  11. Anonymous said...

    Ha, ha, ha, Jeremy :)

    And, Abigail.....ALL IS NOT LOST!!!!