Thursday, January 24, 2008

By the fire


I am always on the look out for a great book to read or movie to watch! This week I read a WONDERFUL book called God's Smugglers by Brother Andrew and watched a good movie called Saving Sarah Cain.


The book God's smugglers is about a Dutch missionary who becomes legendary in the Evangelical Christan world for his ability to smuggle thousands of Bibles into Communist countries in the 1960's and later. I really loved this book because of how much faith,trust and love this man had for God!

The movie Saving Sarah Cain is a sweet film! It's about a woman who is forced to take in her sister's 5 kids after her death. The children are Amish and have lived very different lives than their aunt! She takes them to live in the city with her, enrolls them in public school and their journey as a family starts! This is a great family film that will leave you in tears!

I also wanted to add two songs that this past week have meant a lot to me! One is "My Savior" By Krystal Meyers. My favorite part is :


"My Savior

I'm laying it at your feet
Your love, it consumes me
My Savior
You've given me all I need
Your grace and your mercy"

And the another song called Set the world On Fire By Britt Nicole.
I love this song SO much !! My favorite part is :

"I, I am small but You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but You, You are strong enough to
Take my dreams Come and give them wings Lord with
You
There’s nothing I can not do Nothing I cannot do"


Hope every one has an awesome day!!

3 comments :

  1. N said...

    I just read "God's Smuggler" last year and loved it! I hadn't ever heard of it before, but I found a copy at a used-bookstore while I was on vacation.

    It was amazing what they went through, and how God protected and provided for them!

  2. Anonymous said...

    Thats funny, we just got "saving sarah cain" in the mail.:D We're gonna watch it sunday.

  3. Trina said...

    what a lovely post, Anna! so aesthetically pleasing, in addition to lovely content.

    My in-laws just got "Saving Sarah Cain" - I look forward to watching it soon!