Thursday, January 3, 2008

Some views on the chicken and the road...

I was reading another blog, and I came across a great post about what people in society would say about the infamous "Chicken and the Road" All credit goes to them.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.


OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.


BILL O'REILLY: The folks don't want the chicken crossing the road. It's clear to any clear-thinking American who thinks clearly and doesn't obfuscate or bloviate. But the secular Left, who continue their war on Chickenmas, want to let all sorts of chickens cross the road, but the folks just won't stand for it. Now stop drinking the Kool-Aid.


ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.


ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die. In the rain. Alone.


JAMES JOYCE: Slush. Chicken thought "cold" as he stood on the curb, a vehicle roaring past like a lion, sweltering, savanna radiating heat, acacia trees shimmering in the distance. Picnic. Tree. Pie crumbs. Ants. She was lovely, in her own pert way, doctor's office steps yawning, maw gaping, before him, remembering the dreaded meeting. Bad news. Serious look furrows his brow, his hairy eyebrows coming together. Her hair tossed casually aside, giving him that impertinent look as she stepped off the curb. Oh, yes, Chicken remembered, I need to cross the road. But why?


GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either against us or for us. There is no middle ground here. The last thing we need is a chicken with nookyular weapons crossing the road.


PAT BUCHANAN: Chickens shouldn't cross the road! Our chickens should stay on our side of the road, and their chickens should stay on their side of the road. Important American chicken jobs are being stolen by their chickens.


MIKE HUCKABEE: Chicken!? Where? Let me shoot it!


HILLARY CLINTON: At first I supported the chicken crossing the road, and would have voted for it, but then I realized that it's probably, you know, not a good idea for the chicken to cross the road. I mean, I understand why Gov. Spitzer wants to legalize having chickens cross the road, but upon further evaluation, I think, you know ... um, that chickens should be free to choose to cross the road, but that ... um, next question.


BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?


AL GORE: I invented the chicken!


JOHN MCCAIN: I guess everyone had a pretty good time when the chicken crossed the road. I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I was tied up at the time.


JOHN EDWARDS: The chicken wants to cross the road, but the special interests on the other side of the road are determined not to let him. They want to rob the chicken of his dream of a simple middle-class life, but I'm going to fight the special interests. I'm going to take them on, because I identify with the common chicken. Just give me a minute.


BARAK OBAMA: I'm sure, if we all just work together, that we can, as a people, help the chicken cross the road. It's time to end the cynical politics of the past that says chickens should stay on their side of the road. It's time to take a principled stand for what we believe.


RUDY GUILIANI: On 9/11 I was well aware of a lot of chickens wanting to cross the road, and because of my steadfast leadership, those chickens were able to cross the road safely. And at Ground Zero, which I visited, you know, a bunch of times, in between attending Yankees games, I continued to provide the leadership to allow the chickens to cross the road. (I just didn't tell my then-present wife about it.)


DENNIS KUCINICH: They just want you to believe the chicken wants to cross the road. I know in fact that there is no chicken. But a UFO abducted it, if there was a chicken, that is.


BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken2007, the idea for which I stole from Apple. It will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra... (Unknown Error 231)


COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Great!

  2. Jeremy said...

    I thought those were great. so true on all 'accounts'