Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good Search

I came across this site by way of another blog and I thought I would share. GoodSearch is a search engine which donates 50-percent of its revenue to the charities and schools designated by its users. It's a simple and compelling concept. You use GoodSearch exactly as you would any other search engine. Because it’s powered by Yahoo, you get proven search results. The money GoodSearch donates to your cause comes from its advertisers — the users and the organizations do not spend a dime! Of course it is not the same as just donating money yourself, but it is nice to know that as you search around some of the advertising revenue will be going to a good cause of your choice! :) It is worth checking out: www.goodsearch.com If you want to add it to your search bar in the top right hand corner of your web-browser there is a tutorial here

Remember "Of alternators and dead batteries" and how I drove to K-mart to buy a set of jumper cables? If you don't remember this, go read the story :p Well ever since that day I have had that set of jumper cables in my car. Anyway since I got the cables they have been used at least once every week! Last week being an exception since I was in NY and nobody around me had battery trouble. :p Maybe it is just the fact that I now have the ability to help people who have dead batteries, but I will be walking from a store and see people with their hood open, "Need a jump or jumper cables?" I will ask. Usually they thank me and already have something worked out, but if not I am ready with my cables! I am also glad I ended up spending slightly more for the longer cables, the extra length has really helped in a few situations. The moral of this - (If there is a moral to be had from a paragraph about jumper cables) is to be willing and able to lend a hand to someone who is in need. Oh and if you get jumper cables get the longer ones, they are worth it. ;)

0 comments :