Thursday, December 20, 2007

Some quotes

Wow! It has been a while since I last posted. I had been meaning to post every since a got back from New York.... but it has just taken me a while to get back in the swing of things. I was reading a blog today and it was talking about quotes... everybody who commented left a quote..... as I was looking up some quotes to comment I realize that I should just put some of them on this blog. So with out further ado..... here are some good quotes....

G.K Chesterton:

“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”

“Thieves respect property. They merely wish the property to become their property that they may more perfectly respect it.”

“Man is an exception, whatever else he is. If he is not the image of God, then he is a disease of the dust. If it is not true that a divine being fell, then we can only say that one of the animals went entirely off its head.”

Winston Churchill:

~ History is written by the victors. ~

~ For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else ~


Benjamin Franklin:


“Speak ill of no man, but speak all the good you know of everybody”

“It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it”

John Wooden:
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

1 comments :

  1. Olivia Joy said...

    I like all the quotes.
    ummm, I was going to e-mail you but I lost your e-mail address. So e-mail me or something so that I have it :)