Friday, October 19, 2007

Music while kitchen cleaning should not be too loud

My sister Molly always seems to be finding cds that we have not listened to for a very long time and sticking them in the cd player. Last night, I somehow ended up in the kitchen cleaning by myself. As I am thinking about music, in waltzes Molly, she puts cd in the cd player and Christmas music comes blaring out of the speakers!! Christmas is after all, only 66 days away! She actually had picked one of the better Christmas cds we have because it had one of Toby Mac's Christmas songs which of course made us need to turn the volume up to get the full effect of a Toby Mac song. :)

So I clean the kitchen with a little bit of dancing and Molly dances around (I am not sure why she was not helping me in the kitchen) as we listen to Christmas music pounding from the speakers, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" never sounded so good. This continues for a few minutes and then abruptly the music disappears! "Hey who is messing with the music" I say turning away from the sink only to see my mother walking back from the cd player. "William" she says, "I can hear this music throughout the entire house! If you would like to listen to music you will have to do it in your room." :( So I had to finish the rest of the kitchen in silence which I was rather bummed about since I love listening to music while cleaning the kitchen. Anyway, the moral of this story is this: listening to music while cleaning is a good thing, but don't get too carried away and to remember to have the volume at a reasonable level. ;)

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Me & Sam always put on the Irish Tenors or Bobby Horton's mountain music, turn it up and let it blare away while we clean not only the kitchen but the house, (he's a very nice bro!). But we can't do it unless Ma and Daddy are gone ;)
    Tweaked Moral: Listening to music while cleaning is a GREAT and MOTIVATIONAL thing, but only get carried away when your parents are away, and remember that is is more fun when the volume won't go any higher, although this is not recommended if the radio is in the same room that you are.

  2. Anonymous said...

    Ha, ha, Will, this exact thing happens at our house. Usually it is when Mom has headed to the post office and we jump on the oppurtunity to blare our music. Sometimes though, if we don't time it just right, we end up getting carried away and are still dancing when my Mom arrives home....the shocked look on her face is priceless :) he, he :).

  3. Anonymous said...

    opportunity (I just realized I spelled that wrong :0)

  4. Will said...

    Yeah Sarah and I were in the kitchen tonight doing interpretive dance and my mother walked in...I wish I had a picture of her face :P