Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A sleeping bag

I am thrifty, I have touched on this subject in a previous post LINK so I will just leave it at that. Needless to say, I do not pay retail for anything! I can't even remember the last time I bought something and paid the MSRP. Anyway there is this great outdoors store called REI, it is a national chain so you might have been to one of their stores. If you have been to their stores you probably know what I am talking about when I say REI stands for Ridiculously Expensive Items. They have a lot of great cool stuff but their prices are mainly on the high end. (Usually) ;)

Every year around this time they start discounting their 2006 products they still have to make way for 2008 stuff. Normally their prices are so high to begin with that the discounts while nice, are still not enough to temp a savvy buyer like myself. Except when they have their garage sales. These "garage sales" usually include all their clearance items as well as open box stuff and the like, all with an extra 50% off their already marked down prices! :D

Recently they had one of their sales and unfortunately I succumbed to the pressure and spent about $48 dollars. It was more than I currently would have liked to spend on non-essential items but I did not feel too bad since if everything had not been on sale I would have had to spend about $260ish to get the same stuff...

The main thing I purchased was a sleeping bag, but not just any sleeping bag, a longer than normal sleeping bag! This past June I had the opportunity to sleep in one of the current sleeping bags that we own. It was not fun! It seems our current sleeping bags are made for midgets! I decided right then I would keep an eye out for a sleeping bag that can fit a slightly taller person and fortunately REI had one on sale. A very bad picture of my sleeping bag:

5 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    yep, bad pic. we can't tell it's size! there needs to be something beside it for reference... yourself perhaps? :D

  2. Anonymous said...

    I was going to comment the same thing Abigail!!! I totally agree, right now it looks, actually kinda small.

  3. Will said...

    Haha! Fine, tonight I will try to get a picture with me inside it. :)

  4. Anonymous said...

    William, I think you need to arrange a meeting for me an Sleepy Joy, we get along so well!

  5. Will said...

    Everyone gets along with Sleepy Joy, how could you not? Her very name means an emotion of great happiness! :D