Tuesday, October 16, 2007

To the readership of this blog...

The action of reading a blog and not commenting is commonly referred to as "lurking" Now I don't really mind people not commenting and lurking about our blog, Sarah reads many more blogs than I do and she hardly ever comments. :p I know for most people unless they disagree with you they really are not going to comment often, if at all. How, you may ask, do I know we have people lurking? Well I have this dandy little counter on the right side of the page that gives me all this great information about the readers of the blog. Besides the number of readers a day, it also can tell me how long people spend reading and where their location is! Not that I need reader's locations, it just gives it to me for some weird reason....

So I know people are actually spending their time reading this blog and I think that is great. It means I am not just posting thoughts into the black hole that is the internet, never to be seen again. Nobody except for a few people are really commenting but that is fine with me, if you want to be a lurker be the best one you can be. :p But, while I don't mind lurkers, comments are helpful, they help us bloggers know if people are agreeing or disagreeing and also gives us warm fuzzies.... So there is now an incentive (at least for a while) in actively commenting, whoever has the 500th comment gets a new compact car! Yay! :D :fun: So what are you waiting for? Comment!

To comment, you click that little link at the bottom of a post that says "comment" ;)


Ok, ok, no new car for the 500th comment, sorry! Rather you get a free CD of your choice, which I will ship to you if you don't happen to live near me :)

5 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Whoa, whoa!!!
    I think I should get the prize right off the bat....I am your most faithful commenter!!
    If some random person accidentally wins it, I will NOT be happy :) He, He,He :)

  2. Will said...

    My sister said something along the same lines and I quote: "William you might as well just give it to Liv" :p

  3. Jeremy said...

    So how many times are you going to have to bump this post to the top to get up to 500? Or is this a running counter for all posts to be almost forgotten in the months to come and then one day - "We have a winner" - to which many will reply "Winner, I didn't know we were trying to win something"

    Off to lurk somewhere else...

  4. Will said...

    Haha I guess that was not clear, 500 comments for the blog, not this one post! :p Once this post gets off the front page I will just make a link to it with an enticing title in the link section....

  5. Trina said...

    Will, I really like your counter - does it really do all that? I would really love to track the traffic on my blog, but I end up getting an inaccurate count because my blog is my homepage, and it counts me every time I log on. Do you know of a counter that wouldn't count ME?